View Source Choice
A Mozilla Firefox extension to give you a choice to view the page source in a variety of contexts, giving more flexibility to the built-in View Source window.
Firefox 3.6 and above.
- Handle View Source requests that come in through the view-source: protocol
- Override of ‘View->Page Source’ (Ctrl/cmd+U), customisable in Settings
- Turn extension on and off in Settings
- Redirect View Source to current window, new tab, new window, or a custom view (left sidebar, right sidebar, bottom bar or top bar)
- Adds item to browser content context menu
- Switch source when switching tabs (custom views only)
VSC source is available on github:
There are no set plans to add extra features, but here are a couple of possibilities. We're happy to hear feature requests (see Feedback secion below).
- Load Source in external application. The ViewSourceWith extension has this functionality.
- Add menu item to view selected source, and item to frame sub-menu to view frame source.
Do you have anything to say about View Source Choice?